Friday 9 April 2010

Voter Power and Sheffield South East

The more I look at the Sheffield South East inconsistency I spotted when doing a post about Voter Power this morning the more it looks like a software or data glitch. Looking at the spreadsheet published by the Guardian, which if I am reading right should be the same back end data, then Clive Betts has a safe seat. So something seems to have gone wrong in the data import or the software.

Other sources have Sheffield South East as safe and Magnus from the ERS said in reply to my question by email:

Our determination is an educated guess based on previous results, local election trends, incumbency and demographic trends. Sheffield South East and its predecessor seats have been held by Labour since the 1930s, and the notional 2005 results taking into account boundary changes gives the Labour incumbent Clive Betts a majority of 42%. In my view this is a pretty safe seat.

I am still awaiting a reply from voterpower.org.uk

No comments: